Sunday, May 18, 2008

Spithead "Skascraper" 7"

Spithead are one of the few ska punk bands that still sound good to me and stood out of thousands of boring bands of that style that exploded in the 90s.
This is their first 7" and that's what got me hooked on them. I even exchanged a couple of letters with John (guitar, vocals) back then and got in contact with him again now through his blog Ballistic Wax that I've found through Irishdave' blog.
Check out Ballistic Wax if you're ready for some vinyl treats besides punk (well, there is some of it, you cannot escape it, can you?).
Here's small Wikipedia article on them.
Brought to you with the blessing of John Spithead.

Released: 1994
Label: Kollusion Records
Size: 24 MB

01. Sitting Too Close To The Telly
02. Traffic
03. Margarine

download

2 comments:

Nečista Savjest said...

YES!!!! My fav punk/ska band! Keep them coming Malisha!

johnnyclash said...

I loved this ep and the track on the get orf moi larnd album.