Thursday, October 9, 2008

Telefon "Háková Panenka" LP

This Czech band gave me a headache. First of all, the record has no tracklist, just little TVs with the lyrics inside (maybe there is a song title or two in them, I can't tell). Second, these TVs are not in order - but all mixed up just to make it even harder to follow (and therefore split the tracks). Just see the second picture. That's why I've named the songs with the numbers. Third, I've found nothing on the web about them, just Filip from See You In Hell recommending this LP as one of 10 Czech records to buy. I don't like this "arty" - let's annoy that sad twat that bought the LP - type of covers.
And the music... It's quite good actually. It's sung in Czech and it's kind of NoMeansNo-ish (as I've mentioned before, I suck at describing music) and maybe a touch of Melt Banana, but I'm not sure 'cause it's been over ten years since I've last heard them. Get it? I guess not.
OK, I'll stop now before I embarrass myself even more. Try it. It's good. Malarie Records should be quality proof.

If there's someone that knows more about this band please do fill in with comments.

Released: 1998
Label: Malarie Records
Size: 87 MB

See/Hide tracklist
[]

01. 1
02. 2
03. 3
04. 4
05. 5
06. 6
07. 7
08. 8
09. 9/10
10. 11
11. 12/13
12. 14
13. 15
14. 16
15. 17
16. 18
17. 19
18. 20



download

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Wild east hardcore/punk report. Czech Rep. scene report 1978-2003":

TELEFON started around the same time as 77 (early 90´s) with Fekál (guitar and vocals in 77) behind the drumset and Zajíc (original guitar player of 77, who later left and came back to CO-CA in the end of 90´s) playing guitar. Vocals handled by Ctib - charismatic and kind of crazy on the stage person. In the beginning influenced a bit by Czech alternative rock bands and by HC/noise legends Michael´s Uncle their style later evolved to full on punk attack - if you like Los Crudos, Dezerter or Graždanskaja Oborona, you simply had to fall in serious love with TELEFON. Again - pretty interesting guitar parts and 100% of energy. Full LP on Malárie out in 1999 (recorded already 2 years back) called "Háková panenka". in summer ´98 they toured Baltic countries and Scandinavia with Zabloudil and in the spring 1999 Italy and ex-Yugoslavia with Mrtvá Budoucnost. TELEFON split up right after they arrived home from this second tour. There is tape released by the band ("Live in Jonkoping 11.9.1998") and few good rehearsal recording remain unreleased.

Malisha Old 666 said...

Thanx, anonymous!
I guess this is more info on Telefon than anywhere else on the web now. Thanx a lot. If they played in Zagreb on their ex-Yu countries tour I guess that I've seen them then 'cause back then I almost never missed a gig. Thanx again.

Unknown said...

mališa, they played with us (dislike) and mrtva buducnost in old mochvara, if I remember corectly, were REALLY drunk that night.
axegrinder

Malisha Old 666 said...

Telefon or we?

Unknown said...

???
telefon, mrtva buducnost, dislike.
axegrinder

Malisha Old 666 said...

Ma mislio sam ko je bio pijan. Oni ili mi svi ili vi...

Unknown said...

pa ja, nisam vidjo ni telefon i buducnost, a znam da smo si neki wc sanitar kum i ja sipali po glavi ono sve u oči ide i to..hehe, pa jel to bio pank ili ludost ja ne znam:).
axegrinder

Anonymous said...

Telefon is back guys!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Watch out, Telefon is back ,a new LP is about to come out on PHR records - www.phr.cz