Thursday, June 16, 2011

VA "Dark Punk Arise"

This compilation is much more up my alley than the last one. As the title suggests, it's filled with darker sounding punk bands of which are some of my favourites like Dažd, Warcollapse, Cross Stitched Eyes and Rudimentary Peni.
Again this is web release and the bitrates vary from 128 to 320 kbps, so it was strange for me to find out that there is a physical cd-r version (limited to 50 copies) of the compilation with a booklet containing the lyrics. I don't know what's the point of the CD since it's obvious that the compilation is made from the lossy mp3, but if that makes someone happy...
Apart from my usual bitching (I won't even bitch about the sound levels), I'd like to say that this is very good compilation without a bad track and I'd recommend it to anyone who's feels like listening to something new (and old).
I've included the lyrics in the mp3s and added country and date of each track in the comments.

Released: 2011
Label: DIY
Size: 88 MB

See/Hide tracklist
[]

01. The Austrasian Goat - AFBM (Anti-Facist Black Metal)
02. Contagium - Wallow
03. Arxi Tou Telous - Ksespasma Misous (Burst Of Hate)
04. Spectres - Cold War
05. Dažd - Tamo Dole (Down There)
06. Chambre Froide - Azazel
07. Iskra - Bureval
08. Monarch - A Look At Tomorow (Discharge cover)
09. Warcollapse - Crust As Fuck Existence
10. Cross Stitched Eyes - Breath Of Lies
11. Deathcharge - The Hangman
12. Rudimentary Peni - Eyes Of The Dead
13. Valpourgia Nyxta - Politikoi Kratoumenoi
14. Black Trinity - Throne Of Dark
15. Filth Of Mankind - Obledna Rzeczywistosc



download

No comments: